Does the Turtle Trading System still work…? The trend following futures hedge funds, often call CTA funds, are doing something very similar to what the turtles did.
They use slightly different rules, asset universe, and risk, but they are quite comparable.
The Turtle Trading system was coined by Richard Dennis and worked brilliantly for the traders in the 1980’s.
But it turns out that the system requires some tweaking for it to reflect new market conditions and be effective now.
That said, TRENDS STILL HAPPEN which means there are a plethora of trading opportunities.
The core of the turtle trading strategy is to take a position on futures on a 55-day breakout.
A 55-day breakout is when the price exceeds high or low of past 55 days price.
High profits Turtle Trading System with the Market Watch indicator and QQE ADV filter.
My Turtle Trading Channel System is a SWING trading system trend following based on the 55 and 20 periods turtle channel indicator.
- Best Time Frame: H4 and Daily
- Forex Markets: EUR/USD, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/JPY, USD/NZ, EUR/JPY, and other. Indices: S&P 500, DAX, FTSE. Metals: Gold and Silver.
- Turtle Channel
- Market Watch
- QQE ADV
- Daily Weekly Open
- 55 period Turtle Channel lime color
- 20 period Turtle Channel blue color
- ArrZZx2 arrows green color below the previous swing low
- Price above the Daily- weekly open line indicator
- Market Watch green color
- QQE ADV bullish (the blue line above the yellow line)
- 55 period Turtle Channel magenta color
- 20 period Turtle Channel magenta color
- ArrZZx2 arrows magenta color above the previous swing high
- Price below the Daily- weekly open line indicator
- Market Watch red color
- QQE ADV bearish (the blue line below the yellow line)
The turtle is not a quick win strategy.
It’s one that has to be followed for a few months at least before seeing the benefits.
That’s because it produces lots of small losses with a few big gains.