High accuracy MA GoldBands MACD “Trend Momentum Trading strategy“. Trend trading is a trading style that attempts to capture gains through the analysis of an asset’s momentum in a particular direction. Momentum trading is a technique in which traders buy and sell according to the strength of recent price trends.
- Time Frame: M15 or higher
- Currency Pairs: Any
- Moving Average
- Relative Strength Index
Trend Momentum traders enter into a long position when a security is trending strongly upward. An uptrend is characterized by higher swing lows and higher swing highs.
- They may opt to enter a short position when an asset is trending strongly lower. A downtrend is characterized by lower swing lows and lower swing highs.
- Download TraderVersity.Com-GoldBandsMACD (Zip File)
- Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory …/experts/indicators /
- Copy the “TraderVersity.Com-GoldBandsMACD.tpl” file (template) to your Metatrader Directory …/templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex system
- Right-click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select TraderVersity.Com-GoldBandsMACD
- You will see “MA GoldBands MACD Forex Trading System” is available on your Chart
- Moving Average: Upward and above the GoldBands line
- GoldBands: Lime line
- Relative Strength Index: Above level 55 line
- MACD: Green histogram
- Moving Average: Downward and below the GoldBands line
- GoldBands: Red line
- Relative Strength Index: Below level 45 line
- MACD: Purple histogram
Like any style of trading, momentum trading is subject to risks. It’s been found to be successful when prices follow on a trend, but on occasion, momentum traders can be caught off guard when trends go into unexpected reversals. Traders should remember that:
- Technical analysis bases its projections of the probability of price movements on past price trends.
- Prices in the market can move in an unforeseen manner at any time due to unexpected news events, or fears and changes in sentiment in the market.