High accuracy “Dual MACD Cross Forex Trading Strategy with Sub Trade Indicator Filter” – This trading system is effective when used in determining mid-to-long-term trend biases.
- Time Frame: H4 or higher
- Currency Pairs: Any
One of the recently discovered ways of using the MACD is by using two sets of it.
One set of MACD faster than the other set.
This allows us as traders to enter in our trade earlier and to exit the trade when the trend starts to reverse.
With this method, the lag between the MACD line and histogram is removed because the signals are not based on the two crossings over, but rather the faster set of MACD crossing over the slower set of MACD. Take a look at the chart below.
.The idea behind this strategy is to use the faster moving set of MACD as the entry signal. We use RSI and Sub Trade indicators to filter MACD false signals.
- Sub Trade 1
- Sub Trade 2
- Download TraderVersity.Com- DualMACDCrossSystem (Zip File)
- Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory …/experts/indicators /
- Copy the “TraderVersity.Com- DualMACDCrossSystem.tpl” file (template) to your Metatrader Directory …/templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex system
- Right click on your trading chart and hover on “Template”
- Move right to select TraderVersity.Com- DualMACDCrossSystem
- You will see “Dual MACD Cross Forex Trading System with Sub Trade Indicator Filter” is available on your Chart
- Both MACDs should be above zero
- Wait for the faster MACD (gold) to close above zero
- Enter at the close of the candle corresponding to the gold MACD cross above zero
- RSI: Above level 55 line
- Sub Trade 1 & Sub Trade 2: Below candles
- Both MACDs should be below zero
- Wait for the faster MACD (gold) to close below zero
- Enter at the close of the candle corresponding to the gold MACD cross below zero
- RSI: Below level 45 line
- Sub Trade 1 & Sub Trade 2: Above candles
There are some false entries that could be given. These are typical of ranging market conditions. During these ranging market conditions, there will be losing trades.
However, you should be covering your losing trades with the gains you’d get when you catch big trending trades.
Take a look at the image below.
Set the stop loss at the swing high above the entry price (SELL) or at the swing low below the entry price (BUY).